Through Kelly's Eyes ....

Gives the perspective of a 20-something KL-Lite facing the harsher realities of LIFE.

Google

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Going Nuts

I'm so pissed off today. It was my cousin's wedding two weeks ago. Well ... i was one of the 'appointed' camera personnel for the evening. Talk about bad timing, my 4 month old digital camera's flash decided to break down on that day. Tried the Night-Mode feature but despite several attempts to take shots on this mode ... the effects were just too blurry. Thinking that my contributions were not needed then I proceeded to my seat.... How wrong i was as my cousin's friend passed on his donkeywork to me instead while he fixated his attention to his group of friends. Poor me became the Unofficial Camera-Woman for the night.

I had to then send the camera for repair the very next day as the following few days after that was the Deepavali and Hari Raya (Deeparaya) celebrations just 1 day apart. Instead I was told by the Customer Service Officer that it would take me at least 10 days to get it done as most of the Technical Staff were away for the long holidays. Cursing my own luck, I reluctantly agreed (as though they were other choices) and highlighted to her that I need the camera ASAP as I need it in the line of my work.

One week passed and no news .... 2 weeks neared... Deprived of my 'play-thing' for the past last 10 days, I called up the Service/Repair Centre today to enquire about my camera. The Customer Service Officer claimed that I could collect it as they have made the necessary replacements without incurring any charges as it was still under the Warranty period. What bewildered me was why didn't the Service Centre inform me that camera was ready when in actual fact I had mentioned to them I need the camera for my work related assignments.

I then rushed to the Service Centre to collect my camera. I didn't have to wait long there and proceeded to collect my camera. As I check the camera, as expected the flash worked properly but upon closer inspection, I noticed there were a few new FRESH scratches on my camera. I then complained to the Personnel. She answered "Yes Miss ... in this report it was stated there were scratches on the surface of the camera when you handed it over for repair". I then argued back saying, "Yes indeed they are but it was only at the front part of the camera. But now there are FRESH scratches all over the camera including the bottom and beside the LCD screen. Don't you people take care of things when customers pass on their items for repairs?".

She then claimed that the initial report wasn't filed by her and I have to talk to the person I passed the camera (and report) to initially. This means I had to come back the next day as the person will only come in after 1pm for her shift. AaaRrrGGhhhh ... blood was starting to boil all over me looking at my camera who has now been given a 'face-lift' by the Servicing Techinicians. Not one to create a scene ... and understanding this matter is beyond her jurisdiction, I unwillingly agreed to come back the next day. What I'm so upset about is ... Why am i is to suffer the consequences of someone else's job blunder? It's a bloody waste of time for me to weave past traffic and drive 40 minutes to go there the next day to seek clarification. What if they dispute my claim? Talk about hassle ...... Next time whenever u send something for repair/servicing .... just listen to this advice...



TAKE AN ACTUAL DIGITAL SHOT OF YOU ITEM BEFORE HANDING IT OVER TO THEM. SAVES YOU ALOT OF TROUBLE.

AaaRrrGGgHHhhh ... I'm going NUTS!!!

6 Comments:

  • At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I caught your site whilst surfing. I've read a number of your entries and surprisingly I really enjoyed them. I don't usually get into voyeurism of another's life. Anyway, your colour palette really was what caught my eye and actually made me start reading. So, I've bookmarked you.

     
  • At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi there.. just drop by as ur fren kee aun sent me the link. nice blog u hav here. mayb i'll add u in my blog fren list~ :)

     
  • At 10:53 PM, Blogger ^||DaReDeviL||^ said…

    hmm.. duno y the comment i posted din show up.. use my blogger id then. came to your blog tru the link given by kee aun.. nice blog here. might add u in my blog fren list in my site.. hehe.. take care!

     
  • At 1:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like you got shanghaied into being the wedding photographer... Why didn't they just get a professional? You're a guest, you shouldn't have to work while you're there.

     
  • At 4:13 AM, Blogger dieselfire said…

    Malaysia macam tak boleh jer...

     
  • At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    is tht the sony service centre near tht one utama ?or u went to send somewhere else ? do tell me where cos my cam oso got problem. need to send asap.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home